The mandate of the Mission Planning Committee is to provide oversight on our surgical missions. This includes the following activities:
- establish and maintain ensure high standards on our surgical missions.
- assess future missions – review pipeline of potential sites, review mission viability and provide recommendation of ‘go’ or ‘no go’ on each mission to the board.
- create and update policies and procedures – this include mission manuals, standardized forms, inventories, and reports.
- Mission Team selection – review pool of applicants, develop a pipeline of quality volunteers.
- review key metrics on missions and implement improvements for future Missions.
- provide update reports to the Board and Membership on a regular basis.
The Mission Planning Committee Members are:
Doreen Lore, R.N. (Chair), Dr. Kimit Rai, Dr. Naz Bhanji, Elaine Peters, R.N., Cheryl Baldwin, R.N., and Gloria Wong, PMP