- Packing – 2017 Cambodia February 18, 2017
- 2017 Cambodia Mission Team Profiles January 29, 2017 2017 Cambodia Mission Team Profiles
Randy Mennie - Videographer
Hi! Randy here. I am one of ORC’s videographers/editors. I’ve been with the team since 2013. Cambodia 2017 will be my second mission. As with the India mission in 2015 I am looking forward to being immersed in the unique culture of Cambodia, while capturing the essence of a Canadian medical team teaching Cambodian doctors the specialized skills of plastic surgery.
That’s not something you do every day.
- Cambodia mission fundraiser at Bao Down January 17, 2017 Join the ORC team at Bao Down to help raise funds for our next mission!
When: February 7 at 5pm
Where: Bao Down, 115 West 2nd Ave, Vancouver
Cost: $20.00 per person (includes a beer and a bao)
To get your ticket contact: Ryan Kean (778-960-5323) or Trevor Coelho (778-899-2669)
- Front Page of the Province Newspaper December 26, 2016 Helping Hands: Burnaby doctor has fresh perspective after mission to India.
- Recovery Room Nurse reflects on her experience at the 2015 India Mission October 31, 2016 Recovery Room Nurse reflects on her experience at the 2015 India Mission
- ORC Received a Donation from Talmud Torah September 9, 2016
On June 16, Operation Rainbow Canada Director of Media Gary Hanney attended the Vancouver Talmud Torah School’s Ceremony of Giving and accepted a generous donation of $1,000 to ORC.
At the beginning of each school year, students of the Talmud Torah partake in the Mitzvah of Valuing Philanthropy Initiative. The program helps fulfill their B’nei Mitzvah ...
- Inventory Clean-up_June 2016 September 7, 2016
From Doreen Lore, Chair of the Mission Planning Committee:
Just want to thank each of the 9 ORC Members who came out to help with inventory: Betty, Cheryl, Dhar, Elaine, Joshua, Karen, Melanie, and Remy.
Many members who join ORC are attracted by our work on missions; but it’s these kind of “unpopular maintenance jobs” that are ...
- Article in the BC Medical Journal March 7, 2016 “Medical contributions to an impoverished community: A great idea realized”
- 2016 Cambodia Mission – Team at YVR February 18, 2016 Our team departed YVR on February 17 at 2:00 am for Phnom Penh.
This mission to the Preah Ketmelea Hospital will be a teaching mission. The team will work with our host, Dr. Nous Sarom, to provide ‘on-the-job’ training to Plastics Residents in Cambodia.
Team members: Doreen Lore, Carolyn Kohlberg, Debbie Nathan, Dr. Kimit Rai, Nikki Williams, ...
- Dr. MacLennan and the Lord Byng Symphony Orchestra – 2016 ORC Share the Love Concert January 31, 2016 The Lord Byng Symphony Orchestra, led by Dr. Scott MacLennan, in a beautiful rendition of Symphony No.5 in B Flat Major by Franz Schubert.